Stepping Stones Projects will allow access to the BayCenSI Core Facility and its instruments free of charge.
A competitive selection process (see below) will choose up to 10 outstanding projects, from the pool of submitted projects per year. There is no limitation on the career level, nationality or affiliation of submitting candidates, but please consider the following guidelines and goals:
(Financial) support will include:
- Development, preparation, and interpretation of results
- Up to 120 samples/analyses per project
The calls are aimed toward the following goals:
- Support of early career researchers
- Development of new and innovative ideas and concepts
- To facilitate novel technical developments
- To foster interdisciplinary and international collaborations
Calls for Stepping Stone Projects will be published twice a year on the webpage of the Core Facility, via the GASIR mailing list, and via social media. Applications must be submitted online. Access to the Core Facility will be organized through a transparent selection process based on the scientific quality and feasibility of the project. The steering committee together with the lab manager will be responsible for the selection.